Saturday 26 July 2014

Increase in Common Sandpipers

It's that time of year again when large numbers of Common Sandpipers build up on the estuary. A total of 15 were around the site with the majority on the spit at Passage House. The last couple of times I've been on the train along the estuary I've also seen three or four flushed from the estuary wall between Flow Point and Teignmouth, so the count for the estuary as a whole could be up to 20.

Otherwise, it was much the same, however three juvenile Mediterranean Gulls gave me something nice to look at as they flew in and circled around Passage House before landing amongst the gull flock.

I'm off to Turkey tomorrow and won't be back for two weeks, but I'll leave you with some photos from today...

Common Sandpiper
Little Egret
Holly Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment